The End of the Year Book Survey is hosted by Jamie at Perpetual Page-Turner
1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
Without a doubt, A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. The book varies from history, to supernatural phenomena and love, all tied up together to form a story that will take your breath away!
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
The City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. I’ve been a big fan of the Mortal Instruments and would have been satisfied if the story ended with the third book. This one seemed like it was just too much and I find it took away from the story.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
I’d have to say Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. I’m not too enthusiastic about time-traveling novels, as I haven’t seen a good one yet, but this trilogy has serious potential and might change my mind about the category.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
A Discovery of Witches. It’s simply my favorite book out there, enough said!
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
The Psy-Changeling Series by Nalini Singh. I’ve simply devoured it and I’d recommend it any day.
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
There are so many, although they’re only new to me: Nalini Singh, Deborah Harkness, Kristin Cashore, Rae Carson, Anna Carey, Melissa Marr, Richelle Mead, Sophie Jordan, Josephine Angelini…they’re all probably well-known for most of you, but I’ve only discovered their books this year, so I feel really lucky.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Eve by Anna Carey. This went more in a science fiction / dystopia direction than my usual paranormal romance, but I liked it nonetheless.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
A Discovery of Witches and Fire (Kristin Cashore). I couldn’t just choose one, so I went for my two favorite ones of this year.
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. Having just discovered the Vampire Academy Series, I was thrilled to hear about the spin-off.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
Fire by Kristin Cashore. I’ve always wanted to be a redhead, and the cover was simply gorgeous!
11. Most memorable character in 2011?
Matthew Clairmont in A Discovery of Witches. He makes me literally swoon! God, I wish there were men like him in the real world.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. This debut novel really impressed me!
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
Illusions by Aprilynne Pike. I love the whole Wings series and I’m a sucker for fairies, but the third book in the installment was definitely the best and made me sigh many times.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. This series is freaking amazing! This has been out since February 2010 and I only read it like a month ago.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
“Be yourself– Matthew Clairmont. Complete with your sharp vampire teeth and your scary mother, your test tubes full of blood and your DNA, your infuriating bossiness and your maddening sense of smell.”
― Deborah Harkness
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
A Discovery of Witches and maybe the whole Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh. Those were amazing!
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
A Discovery of Witches…I waited ages till my mum read it and we could talk about certain scenes!! Hmmm…I think I might go and re-read it, again! 😀
2012 Here I Come!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh. Need. To. Read. Story. Pronto!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
Shadow of Night, the sequel to ADOW by Deborah Harkness! Yay…squeek!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
I’d like to post at least three reviews a weak and make more time for writing. I’m working hard on my debut novel and it’s eating me from the inside out. Must. Finish! In terms of reading, I’d love to read as many books as I can and I cannot wait till May since there are a lot of books coming out during that month. Can’t wait!
WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING MOST IN 2012? Comment below. 🙂